and the infamous gummy worms!?
Well my friends, I have a more adult version of that minus the gummy worms..sorry. If you want to feel like a kid, go ahead and add them…or just have a bag and eat a few while you make it. Whatever you please 🙂
I remember my mom making this my freshman year of college and sending me back to school with a ton of it! Of course I shared with my friends, and my roomie happened to love it! So that year, I made it for her birthday!
Shout out to my freshman roomie- Stephanie!! Oh the memories 🙂 We had a fun time that year!
Would you like to find out how to make this delicious dessert?
*Fact: Did you know the cap of the vanilla bottle when filled measures to about 1 tsp? Just a good little tid bit of knowledge I learned from my mom!
You have Oreo Dirt Cake! Cover and place in the fridge for a few hours before serving!
“Please mom, can I have a little bite?”
My dog, Lizzie, seems to always be at my feet when I’m in the kitchen.
Believe me this is a decadent, rich dessert!!
If you are trying to watch your calories, sugar intake, etc..there are some ways to lighten it up.
- Oreos-Reduced fat oreos (I used the full out oreos)
- Sugar- Stevia in the Raw. The recipe calls for 2 cups of sugar. I used 1 cup stevia in the raw and 1 cup real sugar. It still tastes wonderful!! Try it!
- Cream cheese- I use 1/3 less fat always. Feel free to use fat free, but to me the flavor is lost. The 1/3 less fat tastes the same as the regular cream cheese to me.
- Butter- I can’t believe it’s not butter, or even the Smart Balance butter sticks.
- Milk- I drink skim on a regular basis, so I used this for my recipe.
- Pudding- I used the sugar free vanilla pudding, and believe me- You cannot tell a difference!
- Cool Whip- Grab the lite version. Less sugar than the original.