Through the wonderful site Pinterest, I found this amazing blog called Sweet Pea’s Kitchen with the recipe for Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. Oh my word, these are absolutely delicious! As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I would be making it! So let’s get started…
Here is what you need:
You will need: Flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, red food coloring, salt, cream cheese, dark chocolate, and sugar
First and foremost, go ahead and pre-heat your oven to 350F.
Next you will need to melt the dark chocolate with the butter. The recipe uses an actual dark chocolate bar, but I went for the bittersweet Ghiradelli chocolate chips. Yum! Place these ingredients in the microwave for about a minute, then stir until completely melted.
In a seperate bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, sugar, and food coloring. Then add the chocolate mixture and whisk until mixed.
Next you are going to add the flour and salt into the mixture until…
Now grab another bowl, your cream cheese (should be room temp), sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix all together
This will create your cheesecake mixture.
Warning: You will be tempted to try ….do it…it is really good.
Grab a 8×8 pan.
Or if you are me, double the mixture and use a 9×13 pan.
Spray your pan or lightly flour and butter.
Pour your red velvet mix into your pan.
Then dollop your cheesecake mixture all over your red velvet mixture as shown…
Grab a fork or knife and start to gently swirl the two mixtures together
It should look like this when you are done:
Pop that pan into the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
Wait patiently… or try… then pull it out when it looks like this
It should be a little brown around the edges. If you give the pan a little shake and there is no movement, you know you have a well done batch of brownies.
Let them cool for a bit, then cut into them, grab a glass of ice cold milk (or beverage of choice) and enjoy!
These are sinfully delicious!
What else could be better than red velvet and cheesecake?
Bake. Eat. Enjoy.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 8 inch metal baking pan. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Butter the parchment.
- In a small, heatproof bowl, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir until combined and very smooth. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and red food coloring. Add chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- To prepare cheesecake mixture, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until smooth. Distribute the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops over batter in the pan. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.
(courtesy of Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)